Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Fishing With Dad Again at the GOMH

Once again dad fished without me in the afternoon.  He got a few silver bullheads and some jumpin bullheads he gave away.

When we got out at 7PM it was cool, cloudy and windy out of the NE.  There were a lot of people on the South side but nobody on the North.  Dad took up a spot on the bridge next to some bullhead fishermen and I went to the NE side.  One guy who was there the other night came and fished the NW side.  I got a couple jumpin' bullheads on the Grass Pig but it was pretty slow. John W. his girls and a friend showed up and started fishing.  I got a toothy that I gave to one of the bullhead fishermen.  Then I moved to "the juice".  I got one right away on Chigger Craw, but I couldn't really cast it far out enough with the wind.  I decided to go up and get another Grass Pig as the one I had was trashed after the Pike.  I started nailing them then, but it was short lived maybe 7 fish in 10 minutes.  I got one on the huckleberry Craw Tube.  Dad quit fishing and went to the car to listen to the game.  I went to the South side where nobody was fishing.  I missed a couple of bites.  John and his group left, so I went back to the NE side.  I had one hit that might have been a golden and I got another toothy bullhead.  My back was giving me issues and it was quarter to 10PM so I quit.

Dad got 6 jumpin bullheads on the evening, 3 of which he gave away to the bullhead fishermen.

No comments: