Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gettin After 'Em At the G.C.I. This Morning

15.5" Super Fluke Fish

GOMH: 
I arrived at the GOMH this morning a bit before 10AM it was cloudy and windy out of the SW.  It misted and even rained for a little bit before the clouds departed and it became bright and sunny.  The water was flowed both ways at some point this morning.  I pretty much crushed them on both sides of the bridge on a grn pumpin Havoc Grass Pig Jr, bluegill color Strike King Pure Poison with Havoc Craw Fatty grn pumpkin trailer, black w/red fleck Powerbait Crazy Legs Chigger Craw, a blue black senko knock off fished on a mushroom head jig (put on after I lost the Grass Pig Jr. to a toothy), a bubble gum Zoom Super Fluke (only lasted 2 fish until it was taken).  The only thing I didn't get bit on was a large clown Skitter Pop.  I got 26 jumpin bullheads total from 10" to 15.5" inches.  John W. showed up as I was getting ready to head to the Platte River Outlet Culvert.  He had been fishing at a culvert at Whitefish upstream of Mille Lacs lake.  He got some bass and a couple of walleyes there.  He was taking the fish to a fish fry at his sisters.

PRO Culvert:
I got 3 more bass for John on the Chigger Craw and he got a couple two.  Looks like with the high water that the Culvert is now gonna be a player.

Sullivan Inlet:  
I got a 15.5" largie on grn pumpkin Grass Pig out of the Culvert area and an almost 15 incher in the reeds.  I also got a 13" on the Chigger Craw.

32 bass total with 5 of them being over 15 inches, but nothing bigger than 15.5 inches

No comments: