Thursday, June 27, 2013

Morning & Evening

I went fishing this morning from 8:30AM to 10:30AM at the GOMH, the culvert, and the Sullivan Inlet and tonight at the culvert and the GOMH from 8:15PM to 9:45PM.

During the morning trip I got a 14", 15", and a 13" on the SW side on Hack Attack Jig with a Chigger Craw trailer;  I got 14.5" on the North side with it and a 10.25" on the Super Fluke as well.  I got a pair of 14"'s at the culvert on the Hack Attack Jig and I missed a good one that jumped me off at the Inlet.

So for the morning trip I got 7 bass total

The evening trip I started at the culvert. I missed my first two hits on the Horny Toad in the exact same place before catching this 17.90" bass.  It could have been the same fish each time or a different one.  I went to fish on the West side of the Culvert and I had a fish break me off above the wire leader I use.  I'm not sure if the knot gave way or if the line got cut on the culvert as the fish swam into it.  I picked of a 15" on the West side of the culvert with the Hack Attack Jig same trailer as earlier and got a 15" and 14.5" with it on the East side.  I left to go to the GOMH after retying a new Tyger Leader with a 5/0 Stanley Double Take Hook on my Horny Toad rod, that was at 9:10.

I tried the SE side with the Toad first but didn't get any hits.  I then went to the NE side and my first three blow up's all didn't get the Toad, but the 3rd one did and I was impressed that it got hooked.  I had two more  blow ups.  One that missed and one that tore the legs off.  I laid the smack down on two jumpin' bullheads with the Hack Jig and missed another on the spot of 2 missed blow ups.  I also laid the smack down right in front of me on 5 jumpin bullheads between 14" and 16.25" on the Hack Jig.

On the evening trip I got 11 bass total
My best 6: 17.90", 16.25", 15.25", 3x15

No comments: