Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Solid Morning/Evening Frog Fishing

18.33" Craw Tube (Junebug)


The Wall Cloud

5:30-6:00AM NPBI
7:00-11:00AM SPSI, East of GOMH Rice, East of SP Reeds
74℉, Cloudy to PC some light rain, 0-6mph SE S SW

I went to NPBI first.  Unbeknownst to me, a front was moving in and I moved like a turtle catching one small bass on the Craw Tube. I decided to head back in rather than get poured on. It didn't really pour, but I'm glad I didn't stay out.

I headed to SPSI and nothing took topwater. I did get 4 bass on the Junebug craw tube (18.33, 16.5,14, 13.75) I then went to explore the rice East of GOMH.  I caught 2 bass (14.5,16.5) in 6 casts and left the area heading back along the rice toward SPSI. I wanted to leave the juice for Todd and me this weekend. I hit the SPSI one more time getting the 13.75" already referenced. I then went to the reeds and had a blowup that didn't hook up. I converted the 15.5" on the craw tube. I also got a pike in the reeds. Not a fast morning by any means, but the quality was OK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16.5" Sprinker


7:30-9:30PM Channel Inn Bay
78-84℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-3 SW
79℉ LOw

There was a lot of activity in the CIB tonight.

I missed the first bite when a big fish jumped over the BD Big. Think it was a bass, but could have been anything even a carp, probably not a carp.  I then missed my next two bites in boat lanes. I then got bass (14.5, 16) on two consecutive casts out in the isolated pads and rice on the Sprinker. I got 3 more bass (16.5,15.5,13.75) on the Sprinker and 2 bass (16.5, 13.5) on the black/red Terminator Frog.  I also got a pike on the Sprinker as I was coming out. I had worked my way just past the last boat channel which is way back in there. Not a bad night, no giants, and I missed a few. The hooking percentage on the Sprinker was very good I maybe missed one fish that committed.

No comments: