Saturday, July 04, 2020

OK Morning/Ok to Trainwreck In the Evening

6:00-10:30AM NPBI, SPSI, Intersection, Channel Inn Bay
80-65℉, PC, 0-2mph S variable
84℉ Low

I started at NPBI, and nothing.  Then I went to the reeds East of SPSI, but nothing.  I went to SPSI and got one small bass there on the craw tube.  With it not happening in Platte I headed to the point at the Intersection. I think I got a pike there. Then I ran the R/R line on the Westside. I got a couple bass in the boat then ran into a small school of 2lbers at the log. I lost a Big Sexy to a small pike in the sparse rice pocket. I doubled back and got a couple more bass over by the log. I then headed to Channel Inn Bay and talked with Jaimen. Shortly after talking with him, I got a dink.  A fish hit me so hard it shocked me up by the boat channel so I didn't get a good hookset, which cost me the best bite of the morning. I did get a couple more fish as I worked the rice to the North. The fish had pretty much shut off by the time I quit.  A good morning trip.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


7:30-9:30PM Channel Inn Bay
80-87℉, PC, Calm
83℉ Low

Started off good with a fish missing the Sprinker on the first cast. A few casts later and I had a bass in the boat on the Sprinker. I switched to the Craw Tube and got another bass and a pike.  Then I missed my next 6 or 7 bites.  Finally, I righted the ship when I hooked the 18-incher the third time it hit.  Then I was back to a train wreck losing my last three bites as I worked the rice to the South culminating in a backlash that cut my line at the spool, but got caught in it somehow.  I didn't get it loose until I brought it home.  The fireworks display was pretty good this year. It freaked me out a little bit as one of the West Point Cabin's was shooting their stuff off over the lake when I drove by. 

No comments: