Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Nothing to Start, Got a Few By the End

17.25" 3lbs SBKO (Orange)

7:30-9:30PM Loon Sex Bay,  SPSI
80-86℉, Mostly Cloudy, 6-9mph SE
77-79℉ Water level low and rising

I got the motor back on the boat with Steve's help then went home to get my rods and tackle. I started on Loon Sex Point and didn't get a sniff.  Finally, I had a pike miss me in the boat channel. I worked my way North and got a pike on a Junebug craw tube after it missed the frog.  I missed a couple bites in the pads along the north shoreline.  The second time it was a good-sized bass 3+??? maybe. I ended up getting one 15-inch bass on the Craw Tube. It looked like it might rain, but it didn't.  I headed to the South point of the small island.  Didn't get a hit on the Rat Plopper.  Got hit immediately by 16.5" larry on the other side of the marker jug.  I put the next cast by the reeds and had the 17-incher pop it.  I then got a 15" and 15.5" over by the reeds. I did miss a fish that hit the Vet Chatter. I tried the NPSI and didn't get a hit.  It was pleasant out and the breeze kept the bugs at bay, so I took my time before I headed in.

5 Bass
3 Pike

1 comment: