Thursday, July 23, 2020

Good Start Lousy Finish With Todd Tonight

Todd's 1st fish in the boat

3.08lbs/17.5" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

2.38lbs/16" Bobby' Perfect

My Best 6

Todd's Bag

6:00-9:20PM Reeds Across North, CIB, NSPRO, Intersection Juice
70-78℉, Mostly Sunny, 4-8mph SSE
74-79℉ Low turning darker

I decided to hit the North Reeds Across tonight not expecting much.  We found active fish.  I had two bass (16,15) in the boat in short order. Todd then broke off a toad on the hookset due to a fray in the line.  That got the Lamiglass Frog Rod canceled until I can get new guides put on it. I got 4 more bass in the reeds (13,13, 15, 15.5) and Todd caught 3 (14,14.3, 13) and was credited with 3 more as they jumped and spit the frog. At 7:30 we left for Sullivan with a short stop at Channel Inn Bay Juice. I lost one that just sucked in the frog when I bent down to adjust the troller. Todd missed a pike in the boat lane. We then went to my hot area from yesterday morning. I got a 3lber and that was it.  Todd got a couple pike. What a bust. Unfortunately, there was a boat fishing the NW reeds where I wanted to go as a backup.  We hit SPSI on the way back, but the troller didn't work.  Todd got the troller working again when we got back. Will be back at it in the morning.

Todd
6 Bass
5 Pike

Me
7 Bass
4 Pike

No comments: