Friday, July 03, 2020

Morning And Evening With Todd

8" Craw Tube (Junebug)



18.5" Craw Tube (JUnebug)



5:30-9:00AM SPSI, Intersection
80-74℉, Mostly Sunny, Calm
76℉ Low

The Loons were fishing in front of the dock this morning

Started at the NPBI didn't get a thing. Then we went to SPBI and we missed some bites. I lost a decent fish that blew up something over the flat letting me know it was there. It took the SBKO, but I didn't get a good hookset. I rolled the fish and it got off, bummer.  Finally, I got us on the board with a 13-incher at the SPSI on the orange SBKO. I then caught that dinner plate pumpkinseed; I could not believe it was only 8-inches. Then I got the 18-incher on the craw tube as well.  That was it for the SPSI. I tried my honey hole East of GOMH and wouldn't you know the fish had abandoned it.  With that, I made the call to go to Sullivan to the Intersection. I think Todd got a pike and a bass off of the Point and I got a bass in the reeds. Then we worked down the SW side reed/rice line then went in shallow working South. Todd missed a couple of good bites when we were on the R/R line and missed a couple bites in the shallow rice as well. I think I got a couple of bass in the reeds as we worked South.  I got the final bite of the morning as we entered the boat line along the reed line.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





7:00-9:30PM Melon Patch (Dud), West Access Flat, Intersection
78-87℉, Mostly Sunny, Calm

Tried the Melon Patch and it was a dud. No activity. At the west Access Flat Todd jumped off a small bass and got a pike on the Sprinker. I had a pike hit the Horny Toad and the SBKO.  We decided to head to the Intersection. I couldn't go where I wanted because there was a pontoon with people swimming there.  So we went to the point. Todd got a pike there. The pontoon left so we went to where I wanted to start. I had a bass miss my frog.  It missed Todd's several times, but finally got it. I think I got two bass running that rice line and two in the reeds off of the East Point of the Intersection.

No comments: