Thursday, July 09, 2020

Caught Bass and a LIfe Jacket Tonight

2/13oz 17.25" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

Got 2 Cheese Bass

Life Jacket in the reeds

Big Rice Point Pond

6:00-9:30PM Chuck's, Green Cabin Bay, Big Rice Point Flat to the Pond
74-82℉, PC, 2-6mph SW
78℉ Low and rising, we got a couple of inches since yesterday.

Everything tonight was caught on the Sparrow Bobby's Perfect
I tried NPBI and didn't even get a bite.  So I headed to Chuck's Point because there was a little more wind than I wanted to deal with in Big West Bay where I wanted to go. I got a couple small bass and a pike along the point.  I also got the Body Glove life jacket there as well.  I got a bass out of the pads and two out of the cheese.  All the bass were 14" or below.  Didn't get any hits in the juice.  The wind had died down so I went to Big Rice Point Flat. I missed a hit on the Horny Toad right away. I worked my way toward the point away's before I got my first bass, another 14-incher. Then I got a 16" and missed a hit.  Then I went for quite a while without a hit.  As I was working the point I noticed that there is an area that just looks right beyond the rice wall of the point.  I decided to try it and was rewarded with 2 fish including the 17" and I missed a couple bites as well. One of which I think was a huge doggo. Fishing wasn't great, but it didn't suck either.

9 Bass
3 Pike

No comments: