Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Good Morning Topwater Bite/Slow Evening Finished Well

3.17lbs/17" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

3.19lbs/17" Sparrow

17" Sparrow



6:00AM-12:30PM SPBI, Intersection, N & S SPRO, Channel Inn Bay
70-57℉, Cloudy to Mostly Cloudy, 3-6mph NW N NE
71-74℉ Low rising

Started at three of the four points only getting a 9-inch bass on the Rat-Ta-Tat Plopper at SPBI. Nothing at the GOMH. I had a pike miss the frog off of the Intersection NE Point. I then motored toward the River Mouth Stopping at the last boat lane and proceeded with the Troller to the NW. The first bass of the morning was a 3lber on the Sparrow Bobby's Perfect. I proceeded to whack them until about 10AM when the bite slowed. I did pull a few fish out of the Intersection Juice on the craw tube. I worked my way back along the SW rice line getting a few more, but mostly missing the bites.  The troller was giving me issues, so I packed up and went to Channel Inn Bay where I got 1 good bass on the Sprinker, but it was mostly a clown show on my part.  I finally got out of there around 12:30 or so.

25 Bass
10 Pike
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.52/17.5" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)


6:30-9:30PM East Of Jenny's, Dock Across, Intersection
68-70℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-4MPH
72℉ Low

I started at the rice edge East of Jenny's. The rice there isn't nearly as thick as last year.  I had one fish take a swipe and miss. Couldn't get anything on the follow-up. I had something small attack the Horny Toad at the dock and not hook up.  It clearly wasn't happening so I went to "The Dock" across, nothing. I did get a small pike on a jig on the other dock. Nothing out of the slop. I then headed to Sullivan starting towards the River Mouth working towards the Intersection along the North rice.  I didn't get the first bass in the boat until 8:40PM, geez. I ended up landing 4 for the night catching the biggest of the day (17.5) out of the boat line reeds where I got the 18-incher the other night. I also had a good fish come up short of the frog a couple of times along the backside of the reeds on the NE point.

3 Pike
4 Bass

No comments: