Sunday, July 19, 2020

Very Good Short Trip This Evening

4.80lbs/19.5" Bobby's Perfect


3.68lbs/17.5" Bobby's




Dang Pike Stole My Legs
7:50-9:20PM Starting Spot Rice now the area I caught the fish is The Cookie Jar
75-72℉, PC, 4-8mph WNW
75℉ Water LOw and rising up 5-6" since Saturday when we got 4-inches

The Kia wasn't available tonight and I forgot to bring my rain gear which means I was down my headlamp and writing pad.  The one I had in the boat was waterlogged even though it was in a sealed plastic bag, not sure how that happens.  En route, I decided to go the Starting Spot Rice Edge.  On about my 10th cast, I got a 12.5" bass on the Sparrow Bobby's. A few casts later I had the 17.5" truck the Sparrow. I got a good look at the fish when it hit, so I was thinking 4lber the whole time.  Was disappointed it was only 17.5" long.  That fish had big shoulders and a gut.  A fish that actually weighed heavy for its length. I missed one other good bite in the area.  I got blown down the rice line and had a few pike snap at me, but no more bass. One pike stole the Sparrow's legs then my Texas Rig when I pitched to it.

At about 9PM I headed back and fished double cane back to the rice/reed edge. I was just about to pull up stakes at 9:20 when the big girl hit. I was so stoked.  Great way to end the night.

3 Bass
5 Pike

No comments: