Thursday, July 04, 2019

With Todd & Steve in the Morning/With Steve In the Evening

3.06lbs/17" Big Sexy

16" Ish's (Cali B/Y)

2.73lbs/17" Sweet Revenge

Todd bringing the power

The weight of the 6 Biggest caught in July to this point
5:30-10:30AM Green Cabin, Chuck's Point, Reeds Beyond Chuck's, Todd's Hole, Double Cane
75-68℉, Cloudy to partly cloudy, 2-6 S NE
WT: 76℉

I arrived a bit after 5AM. Todd and I were about to blast off when Steve appeared coming down the hill.  He wanted to go with us so I picked him up and off we went.  We got up on plane much faster than the old motor and got to 19.5mph.  First stop was Green Cabin Bay.  Todd got a pike pretty quickly on Big Sexy.  I worked us in toward the bullrushes and got 16.5" bass on the black/yellow Ish.  Steve lost a good one in the reeds/pads.  We were just past "the juice" when we started getting some hits.  Eventually, I connected with a 13" and then 16.6-inch fish that originally went for Steve's frog.  I really worked the frog to get the strike.  Both brothers missed a good hit or two before we moved on.  I got some smaller bass out of the reeds on Chuck's and Todd missed a good one on the Sprinker.

We were about to move to Todd's hole when Steve missed a good blow up in some reeds/cabbage.  I got us out on to the cabbage and we were about to leave again when Todd got a 13-incher on Big Sexy.  We decided to work our way to the disconnected reed bed.  Steve got his 16-incher there along the outside cabbage.  I got a 14-incher in the reeds.  And one of the two brothers didn't hook up with a good blow up just outside the reed in some cabbage.  We then went to Todd's Hole/Big Bass Point.  I immediately got the 17-incher off of a cane point.  Steve dropped a good fish and Todd smacked back to back pigs (17",16").  I got a pike of two in shallow.  I think both of the brothers lost good ones as we worked our way out along Big Bass Point.  I then took us to Double Cane. I caught a dink right by the point.  Todd missed something right next to shore behind the rice.  I missed something the same as Todd.  The Double Cane area was a disappointment.

Steve: 1 Bass 2 Pike (6-8 quality misses)
Todd: 3 Bass 6 Pike (3-6 quality misses)
Me:  10 Bass 4 Pike (4-5 quality misses)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.03lbs/19" Sweet Revenge



7:00-9:45PM Melon Patch (Bust), Big Rice Point to Cane Across from Access
72-77℉, Partly Cloudy, Calm (Thunderstorms in the afternoon with about an inch of rain)
WT: 80℉

I was so excited to see what would be in the Melon Patch this year.  What a friggin' buzz kill.  The area had nothing going on.  Basically, there was very little activity until I got to Big Rice Point.  I caught the big girl just randomly over the flat.  I got the next fish along the rice clumps on the point.  I got the one that didn't quite make two pounds in the rice over by the bullrushes and I got the last fish on the shore side end of the cane patch.  Totally frustrating trip for Steve.  I don't think he even had a chance at a good fish.  On the way in some yahoo was out pulling a tube without any lights and we watched the fireworks on our way in.  Kim and Dev were watching the fireworks when we got in.
Fish for tonight's trip 
Me: 4 Bass 1 Pike
Steve: 1 Pike

No comments: