Friday, July 05, 2019

Just Me Morning and Evening



15.5" Sweet Revenge Max

16.5" Sweet Revenge
5:50-9:00AM SPSI, Intersection NE, River, Intersection SW
70-64℉, Partly Cloudy, 2-5mph NE
WT: 76℉

Dealing with the gas mix took some extra time this morning.  I headed for the SPSI.  I had a 15-incher jump me off on a Texas Rig Chigger Craw next to the reed point. I also missed a good bite in the reeds.  Got a couple of probably pike bites over the flat with the Whopper Plopper.  I then headed to the Intersection NE Point.  I had a strike in the reeds that didn't hook up.  There was nothing at the river mouth and I was pretty discouraged as I worked my way into the river, but then something got blown up in the rice on the North shore about two casts lengths in front of the boat.  There was a feeding school of bass there.  The first one missed the frog, but then I caught 4 fish (13.5,15.5,14,14.5) in about 8 casts. I worked my way to the dam getting two pike along the way and a small bass by the dam.  I got out of the river and headed to the SW side of the Intersection. I got a 16.5 out of the rice. My energy level dropped. I got one last pike and headed in
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17.25" Grapes of Wrath Maxx



7:00-9:45PM NE INlet, The Juice Reeds NW Corner
66-68℉, Cloudy some light rain, 0-5mph N
WT: 75℉

Steve decided not to come with so I went out alone.  On the way, I decided to go to the North corner of Inlet Bay.  Got a few pike bites and my Sweet Revenge got bit off.  Supper looking stuff just no bass.  I bailed on the areas and went to the NW Corner.  Didn't get anything along the outside of the rice point.  Went I went into the reeds the fish were there.  I got 3 bass (13,13,17.25) and 6 Pike and missed about 10 bites as well a couple of which were good fish.  I also spooked some good fish and there was good activity.  Looks like I found an area.

For the Day
10 Bass
11 Pike

No comments: