Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Out With Steve Tonight Fishing Was OK Once I Found Them

16.5" Big Sexy 

16" Big Sexy

15.25" Big Sexy
6:40-9:35PM Reeds Across, Outside Rice Line Starting Spot
67-70℉, Sunny to Cloudy, 2-6 E ENE NE
WT: 77℉

As we headed out the clouds parted and the sun came out.  I was not happy.  We started in the Reeds Across.  Steve had a good blowup miss his frog.  I had a couple pike miss.  Steve had a decent blowup miss in the North bed pads and I lost a good one on the reed edge.  It wasn't happening so we moved to the North Bay along the starting spot outside rice edge.  I got the 15.25" right away and Steve had a boil not hook up. I then lost a Big Sexy to a pike.  Steve had a blow up not hook up. Shortly after that I cast to a hole in the rice and got a 16-incher.  We worked to the reed pads then headed back.  I got the last fish of the night out of the hole Steve had pounded after the fish boiled on him.  My smile in the first picture is me laughing at a comment Steve made directed at the fish.  The skeeters were bad.

No comments: