Thursday, July 25, 2019

Good Night In the Boat With Todd

3.24lbs/17.25" Ish's Phat Frog (Da Ma/White)

3.54lbs/18" Spro Shad TSKO

Got a double right away in NW Bay on Sprinkers
7:00-9:15PM Green Cabin, NW Bay
80-70℉, Partly Cloudy, 8-15mph SSE
WT: 80℉

Without Todd coming up, there is no way I would have gone fishing tonight with the wind being what it was.  I am glad came up because it turned into a pretty good night.  I started us in the reeds along the South shore of Green Cabin Bay.  Todd had a pike miss his frog immediately.  Then I think he missed two more bites and I lost one in the reeds as well.  I had a follow to the boat from something.   Finally, Todd hooked up and put the 3lber in the boat on Ish's Da Man.  Not to be outdone about 5 minutes later I got my big girl of the night on Spro Shad Sprinker knock-off.  I got another bass on the Spro KO and put the lure away.  Tournaments only for that bait from now on.  Todd missed a couple of bites.  I got a dink on the Ish's Cali in the rice.  we worked the out weed edge not getting anything so we headed to the protected water in the NW Bay.

I got a hit right away on my Sprinker and as I was landing it Todd got one as well.  I got an 11-incher and Todd put a couple more 14-inch bass in the boat on the Bone Sprinker.  I had a 26/27 pike miss the Ish's as I moved us down the rice line.  I then brought us back in by shore.  I caught a 14-incher on Cali Ish.  Todd missed a solid blow-up.  I missed a solid blow-up.  I slammed a 13-incher on the hookset sending the fish 5-feet through the air on the hookset.  Todd then had a good fish bury him in the reeds.  Then he had a 14-incher bury him again, but the fish didn't come off.  That was the last fish of the night I think.

I forgot to bring my notepad with, so I'm not sure exactly what was caught on what.  I think I culled 3 fish off of the scale and had another I didn't weigh.  Great night for action, but the size was slightly below average.



No comments: