Saturday, July 06, 2019

My Morning/With Steve and Brett Then With Todd Tonight



16.5" Ish's Cali
5:30-10:30AM NW Corner, Access Cane & Pads, Big Rice Pt.
65-72℉, Partly Cloudy, 0-4mph NE

I went right to where the fish were active last night and got a pike on my first cast.  I got into the reeds and lost 14/15 and the got the 16.5".  I caught a few more pike and bass before the topwater bite window closed around 5:50AM. I worked my way South to the Rice Island getting a couple of weak boils. I got a couple of pike out of the reeds cabbage on the NW Corner and Cane across from the Access on the Tokyo Rig.  I got a pike then immediately missed a blowup in the pads.  I caught a dink bass on the Tokyo and missed a bite on Big Rice Pt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13.25" Big Sexy

2.79lbs/17" Big Sexy

3.19lbs/17.75" Cali Ish Phat Frog
I got up to Lake Place in time to have dinner.  I then headed out with Brett and Steve.  I took them to Todd's Hole.  Brett had a fish dog him, but not strike.  We got up to the shallow rice and the 17-incher obliterated Big Sexy.  Steve got 13-incher.  A little after 8PM Brett had to be in for the drive home.  I dropped him off and picked up Todd.  We went back to the NW Corner juice.  I caught the big bass of the day and a small bass on the Ish's. Todd missed a few hits.


No comments: