Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Adventure In Eliminating Water

First Cast Pike

2.13lb/16" Sweet Revenge Frog
My only bass tonight



Home again, home again jiggity jig jig.
6:30-9:30PM Our Bay, Inlet Bay South
82-76℉, Mostly Sunny, 4-8mph S
WT:82-78℉

Tonight I started my quest to find deep schools on Platte Lake.  Deep has to be where the fish are at because they aren't shallow to speak of in any numbers.  Deep on Platte is 8-feet because at 9-feet the weeds don't grow.  I kicked a couple of loons off of my first spot and caught a pike on my first cast. I caught 1 more pike there.  This is a spot East of Jenny's that used to have beautiful cabbage.   Now all that is there is some northern milfoil and coontail.  I went East in search of cabbage.  I didn't find anything but coontail.  Eventually, I moved in and gave some docks a look.  Nothing there.  I got a pike off of "the dock" across.  Just after 8PM I headed for the south end of Inlet Bay.  The rice really filled in way out in the SE corner.  I lost a fish when my line got caught under the hook hanger on my Tatula Frog Rod.  That issue has now been rectified.  I did catch one good bass on Sweet Revenge and got 3 small pike.   The coontail in Inlet behind the reeds is something I will have to explore farther.

When I first set down in inlet three small aluminum boats were right behind me.  It looked like the first boat was trying to get to Rock Lake.  The thick rice stopped that plan straight away.  The three boats then left and created mayhem with each other for about 20-minutes before leaving to parts unknown. 

No comments: