Monday, July 22, 2019

Rabbit Lake Pre-Fish


12:30-6:30PM Rabbit Lake Pit Side
76-74℉, Partly Cloudy, 4-12mph NW
WT: Mid 70's

It's kind of a bummer when your boaters new fish finder's maps aren't matching up with the lake and don't have any of his old waypoints in it.  We managed OK, but those two things definitely cut down on our efficiency.

We only fished the Eastern/Pit side of the Lakes.  I suggested the starting spot.  The place where I got my lunker the last time the Snatchers fished the lake in 2016.  We actually started beyond the point with the buoy on it a good ways off of the place I got my lunker.  We both had a small bass bite our craw tubes right off the bat.  We didn't get anything off of Dennises Wood or the spot I got my lunker last time.  We worked our way down the roadbed and Darren got us 3 waypoints on good fish on a black/blue craw.  Next, we tried some rushes.  I might have missed one bit.  Then we went shallow and tried some pads.  I got two good ones on the Spro Shad Sprinker Knock Off and we both missed a bite a piece. After I got the second one we got out of there. We worked a weedline on the East shoreline and I got a couple of small bass on a Hack Jig and had a 14/15 keeper jump and get off.  I think Darren had a good one jump him off as well.  We fished the E corner where Dwight won the last and Darren got one or two good ones there and the pike in the picture.  However, we were unable to pin down the juice thanks to the first paragraph.  Then we headed North and worked the point.  Darren got fish on three consecutive casts so we headed to the Island where Darren got another good fish.  From there we tried to find one of Guy's spots, but Darren wasn't sure where to look.  We ended up fishing the two shallow humps between the islands.  Darren caught the last fish of the trip there, a rock bass.  I was hungry and it was after 6 so we called it a day.

No comments: