Sunday, July 07, 2019

Tough Morning with Todd/Tough Night for Me

2.53lbs/17" Bone Sprinker

2.49lbs/16.75" Big Sexy

5:15-8:30AM NW Corner, Todd's Hole, Big Bass Point
70-55℉, Partly Cloudy, 0-3mph SW
WT: 75℉

We got out a little early this morning hoping to take advantage of the morning bite window.  Todd got bites, but inveribly missed them.  He also had two Big Sexy's get bit off, grrrrrrrrr.  I caught one 13-incher in the NW Corner and that was it.  Next, I took us to Todd's Hole.  I think one of us missed a good blow up.  Then finally Todd a quality bass in the boat on Big Sexy.  I was running us down the outside of Big Bass Point when Todd got the big fish of the morning on the Bone Sprinker.  I was working us toward Double Cane Pt. when the troller ran out of juice, so the morning ended abruptly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.86lbs/17" Big Sexy
 72-78℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-3mph SE
WT: 77℉

So tonight I gave a shot at Loon Sex Bay and left disappointed.  Two dink bass caught and just one quality strike in the slop which I rolled.  I did have one other fish dog me and not strike. I then headed to the 17-Hole and had a pike come after the Sprinker right away.  A good sign, not.  I got one 13-incher up on Big Rice.  On the windward side, I couldn't get a bite.  That spun me out for about 10 minutes.  Fortunately, I bore down when I got over by the bullrushes and put the 17-incher in the boat to save the night from being a total waste.

(Wrote this blog a couple days later and this difficult fishing definitely has me depressed)


No comments: