Thursday, July 11, 2019

Out With Todd And Steve And There Were Actually Fish

3.54lbs/18.25" Big Sexy

6.52lbs/26" Big Sexy Frog

13.5" Big Sexy Frog

13.25" Ish's Phat Frog (Da Man)

2.51lbs/16.5" Big Sexy Frog
7:00-9:40PM Channel Inn Bay
74-78℉, Mostly Sunny, 2-6mph SW
WT: 78℉

So with the wind out of the SW Channel Inn was the natural choice for my starting spot tonight.  I haven't fished here since we got the new motor put on.  Lo and behold fish were there and we had fish blowing us up on the regular.  I caught most of my bites, but I did drop two good ones.  One of which buried me in the rice and I didn't know I had lost it until I pulled about 5lbs of rice into the boat.  The big bass of the night was in an obvious hole in the rice.  I screwed up my approach on the first cast.  The second cast landed just right and I slowly walked the frog and she sucked Big Sexy Under.  I had at least one other fish dog me and not get it.  The big dogfish erupted when it hit, pretty much knew what it was immediately.  A little farther down the way, I instructed Steve to fish two holes in the grass.  Nothing was in the first one.  In the second a bass just sucked his frog under.  I waited for Steve to set the hook.  He thought his frog was still on the surface.  It wasn't. Finally, I told him to set the hook, which he did. The frog came flying back a couple of feet to the left of where the original hit took place.  Steve has as many quality blow ups as I did, but only landed one small bass and a pike that hit and Steve asks me, "What was that?"  I told him to set the hook.  Todd got 3 bass total and a pike. The ten-year-old Interstate Battery died at about 9:20PM.  I was relieved when we put the starting battery on that the issue wasn't the trolling motor.  I started the motor using the rope pull.

With the dogfish

Should have had 15lbs or better
Me: 5 Bass 1Dog 1 Pike
Todd: 3 Bass 1 Pike
Steve: 1 Bass 2 Pike

No comments: