Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Two Crappie On Long Tonight

10" Glow Demon/minnow
4:45-6:00PM Long Lake
20℉, Partly Cloudy, 0-4 NW

When I arrived at the access there was nobody on the lake.  I went to a spot about 100 yards North of where I fished with Pete.  There were numerous holes drilled in this area.  I drilled 3 sets of holes.  On my way back to the original set I noticed that an old hole looked freshly frozen over.  I stuck the Ion on it and immediately broke through.  I went on to find at least 10 such holes.  They must have left shortly before I arrived.  Suspended fish showed up in multiple holes including the first set I drilled, so that is where I put my minnow down.  Wouldn't you know it the fish disappeared when I put my VMC Fly/Jamei/Maggie down.  I was just about to move when the 10" came and took the Demon/minnow.  I had a few fish pick at the minnow and sniff at the Fly.  It got dark and stuff started coming up off the bottom. I switched to a different set of holes.  I caught 1 small 5.5" crappie on the Demon Minnow.  Had a few other sniffers.  The interference got thick and I was bored, so I packed up at 6PM.  Maybe it's a day bite? the water was 36'-38'.

No comments: