Thursday, November 15, 2018

2 Bites And A Bump (Slow Final Night at the Jetty)

4.67lbs/24.5" Jerk Shad (Crackle)


4.78lbs/24.5" Jerk Shad (Chart Shad)

5:30-9:00PM North Corner
35℉, Cloudy some sleet, 0-7mph WNW NW

I thought with the front coming in the fish might be on the bite, so I got there before dark tonight.  It was dead calm at that point and the fish weren't going.  I think it was about 7 or so when the wind came up and I caught the first fish of the night on the Crackle Jerk Shad.  About 15 minutes later I had one bump it pretty good on the pause, but not hook up.  The wind picked up and started coming in more out of the North.  I went and tried at the South Jetty Harbor Mouth and didn't get a hit.  I went back to the North Corner and got that last fish on the Chartreuse Shad Jerk Shad.  My headlamp batteries were pretty weak and made landing the fish a challenge because I couldn't see it to play it in correctly.  I decided to call it a night at that point.  Better safe than sorry.  This will probably be my last open water trip of the year.
 2 Eyes

No comments: