Saturday, November 03, 2018

Small Fish In the Morning, Bigger In the Evening



18" Jerk Shad (Tomato)

18.5" Jerk Shad (Chart Shad)
6:00-8:00AM North Corner
32℉, Partly Cloudy, 7mph SE

I was up and the wind was right so I headed out to the Jetty.  It was cold in that wind, but the fish were on the North Corner.  I caught the 1st one on the Tomato Jerk Shad and the final three (18.5,17,19.5) on the Chartreuse Shad Jerk Shad.  The fish were done by 6:45AM.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
35.80lbs For my Best 8 Eye's today
6:45-10:00PM All Over the North Jetty
41℉, Cloudy, 2-4mph East

I forgot to bring the camera along, Doh!.  I just knew I was going to catch them when I realized I forgot the camera after catching the first fish.  Conditions were perfect and the fish cooperated.  First fish of the night was a 20-incher on the Rage Swimmer at the Harbor Mouth.  Next fish was the heaviest one of the night (5.70lb/25.5) caught on the stinger hook of the Rage Swimmer in the Harbor Mouth.  I then caught a couple of good ones (23.75,25.5) off of the Center Standing Rock on the Rage Swimmer.  I then moved to the North Corner Standing Rock and got bit right after the Swimmer Hit the water;  That fish got off after a few seconds.  I had a good fish follow my next cast in right below where I was standing.  I ended up hooking up with that fish, but it got off.  Bummer, it was a 24-inch plus fish.  A couple of casts later I was hooked up with a 26.5-inch fish.  I got one more 24.5-inch fish on the Swimmer and then the action on big fish and on the Swimmer stopped.  I got three fish (21,19.5,20.5) on the Ghost Shad KVD Jerkbait.  I ended the night with four fish on the Tomato Jerk Shad (20,17.75,18,23.5).  14 fish caught in the evening trip.

18 Eyes for the Day   

No comments: