Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Missing Bites On Long

7" Tubby Jig/Maggie (Glow)
4:30-6:30PM Long Lake
25℉, Cloudy light snow, 3-8mph SE

I got a later start than I wanted to and then there was a permanent sitting on the spot I fished yesterday.  I eenie meenie minny mo'ed to the area where the house village has been set up in years past rather than going backto Pete's spot.  I didn't mark anything in the four sets of holes I drilled.  I set down the Glow Demon/minnow first.  And fished a pink/white crappie jig with maggie.  Nothing showed up, so I sent down the pink uv Rippin Rap.  That called something in. It bit and I missed it.  Wasted way to much time in this initial set. I think I missed one more bit.  I went through at least 4 more sets of holes working my way West.  I missed at least one bite in all but one set of holes. Didn't get a bite on the minnow/Demon. I came to realize that the pink/white crappie jig didn't glow, so I took that off replacing it with the glow VMC Tubby Jig/maggots.  I missed my first couple of bites before finally connecting with a fish.  I missed two more bites and caught one more around the same size. The interference wasn't as bad and fish were occasionally coming in but I was bored and getting cold so I gave up.   Think I'm going to give Rock Lake a shot tomorrow to see if I can find something there.

No comments: