Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Looking Not Finding Much On Rock, I Was A Cold Mess

Same size as last night's crappie
Broke the tripod for the second time
10:30AM-1:30PM Rock Lake
16-18℉, Cloudy, Sunny, Cloudy, 4-8mph East

So I took another trip out to Rock Lake to see what I could spy with the Aqua-Vu.  I had it on the tripod in the 5-gallon bucket.  It was stuck and like a fool, I forced it loose breaking the tripod again.  Nothing a little super glue won't fix, but it was a boneheaded move.  I redrilled holes from last night and worked my way North.  I spotted a pike in the first hole.  I swear it took me 5 minutes to get a line down. The pike was gone, but I got a couple of perch.  A couple of perch in the next hole.  The third hole down I hooked into a 20-inch pike on the Glow Demon Spoon.  The hook was in its lip and I fought it well.  I had it in the hole several times. Finally, I went to grab it missed and my line broke.  Was not a happy camper.  Spotted a few more perch.  Didn't see any bass, gills, bowfin, bullheads, or crappie.  Should have stayed in the 10 foot and under range. 

No comments: