Friday, November 23, 2018

Bulldog Slick and Wet

8" Glow Demon/minnow
5:30-9:00PM Bulldog Lake
40-36℉, Cloudy some mist, 5mph E

I decided to hit Bulldog tonight.  There were two trucks parked at the access with a guy and his dog coming in.  He was fishing pike.  Don't remember if he said he got any or not.  As I started out the other two anglers who were fishing started heading in.  They were along the North East shoreline I think.  When we passed each other I was surprised that it was two women.  They said they didn't have any luck.  I got out to the hole and started walking around with the Vex.  I took longer than expected but I marked a fish, so I drilled a pair of holes.  When I got my lines down the fish were gone.  I went out and walked around with the Vex again.  There were a few frozen up holes in the area I was searching.  Eventually, I marked another fish so I got the Ion and drilled a couple more holes.  I lost the first couple of crappies at the hole.  They bit on the VMC Fly with Maki Jamei.  I got the one I took a picture of on the Glow Demon and minnow.  There were a few other fish that picked at the minnow but never pulled the bobber down.  I went out and walked around with the Vex again and marked a pair of fish, so I drilled holes.  This is where I spent the rest of the night.  The fish were amazingly skittish for first ice.  A lot of lookers. I ended up with 6 crappies on the VMC Fly with Wax Worm.  I lost about 5 fish that hit as well.

9 Crappies

No comments: