Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Morning Trip, Lots of Sunfish

8.90" VMC Tubby Jig w/maggies
7:00-9:30AM
Conditions: Mostly Sunny, windy out of the NW, 28 degrees

I pretty much drove up to my holes from last night.  Didn't need to re-drill all but 1 hole.  I started in the holes I got them in last night (farthhest South).  I got one crappie and a about 6 sunfish, but not much was happening so I moved by 7:30.  I skipped by the middle set of holes and went to my farthest North waypoint set.  The fish were there and very active.  Occasionally I would pull up a crappie or a bigger sunfish.  Didn't get any pictures of the crappies; They were running small.  I never did put a minnow down.  All my fish were on the VMC Jig w/ maggots.  I broke off a sunfish when it got hung up on the transducer cable and I got careless.  I'm really getting the hang of my set up with the "spring bobber" and tungsten jig.  Once I got done fishing I was going to set the camera down, but the battery was dead because the camera got turned on at some point.
8"

A lot of potato chips 
  8 Crappies
40 Sunfish

No comments: