Monday, February 15, 2016

Back on Rock After A Week of Cold Weather

6.5" VMC Tubby Jig w/maggies
4:00-7:30PM
Conditions:  Partly sunny turning cloudy, wind out of the SSW diminishing, temps right around freezing.

I got out a little later than I wanted.  The fish weren't out where I had been getting them.  So I drilled a couple of holes to the South in approximately the same depth.  First hole I started getting some sunfish and a crappie, so I drilled a second hole for a minnow and the fish left.  I went to the farthest hole South and they were there.  I pulled up a bunch of sunnies and a few crappies, so I drilled a second hole.  The fish stayed this time and I didn't move from there.  I started getting some crappies on a minnow, then I got a bullhead.  Action slowed by 6PM.  I stayed until 7:30 trying to catch what were probably turned off sunfish.  They would bite occasionally, but I could't hook them.  My biggest crappie of the night was 10 inches on the VMC with maggots.  All fish released.
6.5" VMC w/maggies

9" VMC Tubby Jig w/maggies

Same fish in first picture

10.5" Glow Demon w/minnow
 20 Sunfish
10 Crappies
1 Bullhead

No comments: