Thursday, February 25, 2016

Crappies and Sunny's Tonight

Almost 10" VMC Tubby Jig
4:30-8:00PM
Conditions: Cloudy, cooler 28-24 degrees, wind out of the NW

Today may be the last day I take the Ford Expedition out on the ice.  Dad is taking it on a church retreat this weekend and it's suppose to get close to 50 degrees on Saturday and will be above freezing from Friday afternoon through Sunday night.  I'll find out if the Fish Trap fits in the KIA Soul tomorrow.  I'm guessing not with fishing gear.

I felt good about how I fished today.  Nothing was going in the sawdust holes.  I discovered a small group of crappies and sunfish in my North waypoint holes.  After they left I drilled holes but was unable to locate any more fish.  I went in by the maidencaine and got a couple sunny's and a crappie.  As it was getting dark I moved out.  I switched to all minnows on the Glow Demon's.  The crappies weren't very active, but I managed to catch 9 of them before my propane ran out and I called t quits.

I had 3 trumpeter swans do some fly bye's.  Pretty Cool.  Also saw an eagle on the way to lake soaring as I got to Richardson's Corners and saw an eagle while fishing yesterday.

14 Crappies
10 Sunfish

No comments: