Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Missed ??? And Got Some Crappies

Last fish of the night 11.33" Glow Demon w/minnow
4:45-9:10PM
Conditions: Mostly sunny, light wind out of the NW, 32-28 degrees

I started out at the sawdust holes.  Nothing doing.  I worked my way closer to the maidencane where I got a couple of perch on the red VMC jig.   I had either a pike or a bass hit my red crawfish Rippin' Rap but quickly get off.  I switched VMC jigs and moved towards the middle of the maidencane and got some sunfish.  I moved out to the sawdust holes for prime time and camped.  That turned out to be a good call as I got 11 crappies on the Glow Demon.  I would have caught more but I had my line get caught under the spool on my reel and it took me 20 minutes to get untangled.
    
9" Glow Demon w/minnow
I hooked the crappie after I had the line off the reel, but didn't have the tangles out of my line yet.  Fortunately I was able to get my line straightened out and land the fish.  The fish disappeared at about 8PM.  I did some hole hopping and didn't find anything.  The ice was making noise and the moon was up by the time I left.
1st fish of the day

Sunny's were slightly bigger than yesterday
11 Crappies
7 Sunfish
2 Perch

No comments: