Sunday, February 07, 2016

Back At Rock This Morning

9" VMC Tubby Jig w/maggies
7:00-11:00AM
Conditions: Temps 35 going up to 37, cloudy, windy out of the West

Since the temps were above freezing and it's gonna get cold I decided to hit Rock again.  I started in a set of three holes somebody drilled yesterday.  I got one crappie there.  Next I went to the holes I fished out of last night.  I called the fish in with a Rippin' Rap and then but the VMC Jig down and I caught a mixed bag of crappies, but mostly sunfish, most of which were 5-6 inches.  I got maybe 3 that were 7".  I also got 1 perch.
6.5" VMC Jig

4" VMC Jig

Around 9:30 the fish stopped coming in.  I went and drilled some holes along the reed line in about 10 feet.  I got perch in all of them and 1 sunfish.  No sign of bass or Pike.  I brought the camera but didn't use it.  It started snowing and the wind picked up even more than it had been blowing, so I quit at 11AM.  All my fish were on the VMC with maggots.

29 Sunfish
7 Crappies
7 Perch

No comments: