Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Why I Haven't Gotten the Trophy Out Yet

18.5" Pure Poison
7:45-9:45pm
I caught a bunch of jumpin bullheads tonight and even "The Juice" gave up a couple on Topwater.  All told I got 20 jumpers and not a single toothy.  I did have one toothy jump over the "White Phantom" though.  I caught them on a mix of the Pure Poison, Stanley Phantom, Yabbie, Fight'n Bug, and Tonka Tackle Craw Tube.  I will say this about the Berkley Powerbait Fight'n Bug, I sure hope the problem with the bait is the rusty crawfish color not working on Platte/Sullivan.  I had been catching fish on the Yabbie and then I lost the body to a fish.  I put the Fight'n Bug on and only managed 2 small ones.  I switched to a green pumpkin Tonka Tackle Craw tube and smacked 3 good fish in the exact spot I had been fishing the Fight'n Bug without any luck.  Peter, Willard, and the Old Timer were all there tonight.  Willard gained himself a hook remover that somebody left. The mosquito's are getting terrible.

My best 6 went 18.5, 2x16", 3x15.25"

No comments: