Sunday, June 01, 2014

Short Trip Tonight GOMH

15.9" Pure Poison with Grass Pig Trailer
8:15-9:30PM
Conditions- Cloudy with light wind out of the SE with thunderstorms to the South

When I arrived the only person there was just leaving.  Said he didn't have a bite.  I took the NE side and started by throwing the Stanley Phantom on the 6'8" Avid.  I had one quality jumpin bullhead get on it on the end of a long cast while I was letting it sit.  It came off 1/3 of the way in after jumping a couple of times.  I would say it was a 16"-18" fish.  The one in the picture was just short of 16" and hit the black/blue Pure Poison.  I also got a couple of fish on a b/b  Yabbie then a toothy frayed the line and I didn't want to take the time to retie.  I put the Phantom on the rod I had the Poison on 7'3" Lamiglas and put the Poison on the Avid and went to the SE side.  I had a fish miss the Phantom, then get it on a second try but it didn't hook up.  I went to the SW side after a boat went back through to Platte.  I got my last fish on the Poison as I was swinging it up it came off and got my line tangled around one of the guides.  It was now to dark to see and the mosquito's were getting bad and it looked like it could rain at any time so I called it a night.  As I zipped up the tackle bag I got the line from the Lamiglas caught in the zipper.  Couldn't get that out, so I put everything in the truck.  I got all my messes worked out at the pumps at J & D's because the bugs weren't bad and I was out of the rain that started.

No comments: