Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Good Night And Dogfish

16.75" Choked It!
I really need to get my act together, I have been fishing the past 2 weeks but not blogging anything.

Today I had my ICD check down in the cities.  By the time I got back North the temps dropped from the low 80's to around 70 degrees.  By the time I got out around 8PM it was mostly cloudy and the wind was whipping out of the N NE.  I went to the Sullivan Inlet first and there was almost no current and I didn't get a bite.

Next I headed to the culvert where I got a 16.75" and a 16.25" on a white Horny Toad.  I also missed a couple of hits.  When I arrived at the GOMH there were 2 cars there with nobody fishing on the N side, so I headed to the NE side and as I was on my way a guy came across and told me he and the kids he brought had gotten some little jumpers and he claimed he had a big golden bullhead break him off while fishing a surface frog.  Needless to say, I took that report with a grain of salt.  I got a 12.75" jumper right away on the Pure Poison.  I switched up to a green pumpkin craw tube and got nailed by this critter.

I figured it was 23" but didn't measure it real close.  She frayed my line and broke my tube.  So I switched to b/b craw tube on another rod and I got a 15" and a 14" jumper on that.  I left around 9:45PM

No comments: