Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's Slow

Today it got to 70, but the wind was blowing hard again out of the SE so things are not warming up as quickly as they would with less wind. Anyway I did catch fish. The first was this 19.75" hawg from Bulldog Lake.
It bit on a brown grub and was the only fish I got at Bulldog. This is the longest bass I have caught in at least the last 2 years.

The wind was blowing in at Rock and I caught nothing.

When I arrived at the GOMH around 5:30PM there were a couple of people on the SE side and Bucket Man and another guy on the SW side. I tried the NE side but got nothing. I then put my rod back in the car and elected to watch for a while. Grumpy Old Man Willard showed up and kept me company. I saw a few jumpin bullheads and toothy bullhead get caught on the SE side and a couple of jumpin bullheads were caught on the SW side. The most bullheads were caught by a kid who was throwing what looked like a small Rapala X-Rap. Willard was giving the kid a hard time, which was entertaining. At about 7:30PM one of the guys on the SW side and his kid left, allowing me to have a spot to fish. I caught a jumpin bullhead pretty quick on my glow Cubby with a minnow. I then proceeded to miss a few bites which stinks because they were probably silver bullheads and you just don't get very many chances at them right now. It was getting dark and Bucket Man was using a lighted bobber when he got a bite and landed a silver bullhead. He left at about 8:40PM and gave the fish to me. It was nice out so I planned to fish well after dark. At about 9:20PM my lighted bobber went under and I landed a silver bullhead. I stayed until 10PM but didn't get another bite. Had I got #3 I would have brought fish home to clean but as it was, tonight these guys got a reprieve.

No comments: