Friday, April 02, 2010

More GOMH Bullheads Tonight

I headed out to fish around 4PM and I first went to Rock. The dock wasn't in yet and the South wind made for poor casting so I headed to the GOMH. When I arrived Lantern Man was there with a friend of his. LMwas on the SE side and his buddy was on the SW side. LM hadn't caught anything but his buddy had caught a jumpin bullhead and while I was talking with LM he caught another one. They left about 15 minutes after I arrived and I took up on the SE side. The wind was pretty much blowing straight in at 15 to 20 MPH making the fishing difficult. I missed my first hit and then nothing.

After I had been there about an hour a family came walking up the road and they brought fishing rods. They fished on the North side of the bridge and one of the kids had a fish on but lost it before they could get it in. Eventually I had enough of throwing the Storm Wildeye Swim Shad and so I switched to a glow Cubby Mini-Mite under a bobber. I got a bite right away but didn't hook up.

After about 45 minutes John W. showed up with his girls and while he was there I landed a 17 inch jumpin bullhead that bit on a 2" Storm Wildeye Swim Shad. John and the girls didn't stay long and around 7PM I went over to fish the SW side. At around 7:15PM I caught this 18.5 jumpin bullhead.

The fish really didn't fight much and about two minutes later I caught a 15.5" jumpin bullhead. At about 7:30 to wind started blowing 25 to 30MPH and after about 10 Minutes of that I headed in for the night.

No comments: