Thursday, April 15, 2010

Better than Nothing...

Today I did just a bit of duty in the Tackle Warehouse putting my new booty away. I ended up not getting out until after 5:30PM. It was in the mid-60's today with a strong West wind. I started out after dogfish on Bulldog Lake. I caught about a 15 inch bass. Grumpy Old Man Willard stopped to talk on his way to the GOMH. A little after 6PM I headed to Rock lake to see if the "Rock Dock" was in yet and to do a little fishing. The dock was not in yet. I managed to catch this 24" pike on a sparkle Cubby and minnow.
Around 7PM I decided to give Bulldog another try. On about my 3rd cast with a black/red Terminator jig with black/red Zoom Speed Craw I had a good bite that ripped all but just a little piece of the Speed Craw from the jig. Could this have been a dogfish?

Anyway I didn't have any Speed Craws with, so I went to casting with a brown grub. While I was fishing I was surprised when BP blog reader Mike B. stopped to talk. He had been out fishing on Platte Lake today. Anyway we had a good chat and when I showed him my chewed off Speed Craw he offered me a bag of black/red Berkley Powerbait Chiggar Craws that he had in his vehicle. I accepted the offer. Mike had somewhere he had to be, so off he went and I put the Chiggar Craw on the Terminator jig and on the very first cast I felt a solid thump, but it wasn't a dogfish; It was a nice 17+ in Largie. I fished at Bulldog until about 7:45PM then headed to the GOMH.

There were a bunch of people (lots of kids) fishing at the GOMH. I saw Rapala boy from last night bring in a pike. Bucket Man was on the SW side fishing from a folding chair and I saw him miss a silver bullhead. A little while later the guy next to him brought in a silver bullhead. I elected not to fish but just watch and by the time I left around 8:30PM there were a few more bullheads in the bucket.

No comments: