Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Just Fishin'

Tonight I got out right about 6PM and headed to Bear Traxx to buy my 2010 Fishing Licence. Once again this year I paid the extra money to get the optional walleye stamp and yes I paid the extra $2 on top of that to get the actual stamp. From Bear Traxx I hit up Bulldog but the wind was blowing in pretty good and nothing happened.

Next I went to Rock Lake. Rock Dock still not in. I actually talked to a DNR guy today and he says they are working on it, they have 100+ docks to put in and it will get done when they get to it, which should happen by fishing opener May 15th. Well I would hope so. Personally, I find the dock situation this year to be a bit ridiculous, the ice has almost been out for a month. At 5 a day they should have at least 125 done by now and being that Platte, Sullivan, Rock and Erskine are to the South of most lakes, they should be among the 1st to be done.

Anyway I caught a couple of small pike at Rock
This one took a brown grub on one of my first few casts.

A little while later I got one that was a bit bigger.
Note to self: After catching every pike look to see if your line is frayed.

Next I decided to hit of Jenny's, but that was a bust so I headed to the GOMH. Grumpy Old Man Willard was there sitting in his mini-van, Bucket Man was fishing the SE side, and a family was on the NE side. After talking to Willard I got my stuff and decided to start on the SE side trying for dogfish with a blk/red Monsoor Swim Jig with blk/red fleck Zoom Ultravibe Speed Craw. No sign's of doggy's and I caught 2 small jumpin bullheads. With the area fully covered I then headed over to the SW side and gave a 1/16oz Panfish Chatterbait a try. I got 3 jumpin bullheads on that and had a few little bites that didn't hook up. After a long time with no fish, I switched over to a glow Cubby with a minnow and I got a couple of jumpin bullheads on that.

Bucket Man and the Family on the NE side left, so I decided to give the NE side a try. The Chatterbait came up with nothing as did the Cubby and a minnow. I got a bite on the Monsoor Swim Jig, but the hook broke. Those Monsoor Swim Jig hooks are thin to begin with and prone to rust; I have had a number of them break on me. With my broken jig I called it a night.

No comments: