Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tonight's Platte Lake Report: Slow 2 Hours

I helped Dad with some stuff and went to the Chiropractor and had dinner in Pierz so I wasn't fishing until 7:30PM tonight. Since I only had a couple of hours I elected to stay close to the lake place. I basically started in the SE corner of our bay and worked myself a little less than 3/4ths of the way back. It was overcast when I started but the sun came out around 8:30 before it disappeared below the trees around 9. I fished a couple of docks, reeds, rice, and some pads.
My first fish was this 14.25" bass that took a white Strike King Z-Too (Fluke) in a clearing near rice, reeds, and pads. My next fish was a little pike out of the reeds on the Z-Too. I got a 12" bass shallow off a dock on the Z-Too. Then I got another pike in some reeds on the parrot Outkast Swim Jig with electric blue 5" Action Plastics Super Mag Grub.

For most of the rest of the night I was in thicker rice and I struggled a bit missing my two best bites of the night. I landed an 11 and 14.25 bass on a black with chartreuse nose River2Sea Bully Wa frog and that was it. I quit around 9:30 and got in before it got to dark and the bugs got bad.

So in 2 hours I got 4 bass and 2 pike, kinda slow.

No comments: