Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Slow GOMH


Around 8PM I headed to the GOMH for some bullhead action. When I arrived I had a fairly close encounter with a small deer to the west of the bridge. I walked towards it hoping it would spook and go into the woods, but it didn't. Eventually it did get off the shoulder and head for the trees. Right away I noticed that they had been doing some work at the bridge. They added a bunch of rip rap along the concrete on all four sides of the bridge, basically making it much more treacherous to reach the waters edge. I don't like the change. Almost right away I got my only fish on a gold DM Custom Baits Piranha. As you can see in the pic, it's a toothy bullhead. I thought I had a dogfish on by the way it fought, doing spins.

I worked a swim jig and flippen jig without luck and had 1 hit on the Rojas Spro Popping Frog but the fish only took it down by the legs.

No comments: