Saturday, June 13, 2009

After Storm GOMH and 1 at Jenny's.

Originally I was going to take the boat out fishing, but when I got my tackle together around 5PM a big thunderstorm moved in over Platte/Sullivan. Not knowing how long storms and rain might stick around. I decided to go and hit up the Grumpy Old Man Hole. When I arrived the rain had stopped and there was a 10mph North wind and the current was ripping into Lake Sullivan. I fished the NE side (Platte) and started out throwing a gold/white/purple Outkast Swim Jig with a 5" gold glitter grub.

Right away I missed a pretty good sized jumpin bullhead that I saw take the bait but it just didn't hook up. I started throwing over the rice and pads and would get hits
periodically. It seemed like I would miss them most of the time, but occasionally I would hook up and reel in a 11-14" bullhead. The wind pretty much quit and it started raining for 20 minutes then it was cloudy for about an hour before clearing. I caught a single toothy bullhead and went through a total of 3 of the gold grubs which are not a cheap grub. Eventually the sun came out and I started throwing a war torn white Spro Kermit. I ended up missing 3 good bites and the last one rendered the Mend It bandanged frog un-useable. I am going to retire that frog. I started to throw the Swim Jig again and lost a brand new grub tail without catching a single fish with it. Next I started to throw a River2Sea Bully Wa frog and missed a couple of bites with that. I gave the SE side a quick try but didn't get any hits. Around 8:20 or so I left for Jenny's.

At Jenny's I caught a single 12 inch bass and missed a few other bites on the Bully Wa frog.

No comments: