Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Morning Trip, Evening Trip

Camera got funky in the rain

23" THE Jig w/minnow
6:45-9:00AM GOMH, Rock
6:00-9:00PM Slop Slip Rock till 8PM, GOMH

Conditions Morning: Light rain, calm, 41 degrees
Evening Conditions: Mostly cloudy, very light wind out of the NNE and NNW, mid 40's

I thought maybe the overnight temps in the mid 40's combined with the rain might bring some fish in.  Didn't happen.  I heard a loon.  I had everything back in the KIA except for the long panfish rod.  On my last cast I got the pike.  I was lucky to get it in as it escaped the fish pen by swimming under a rock and back out.  I was able to move the rock and land it.  I gave Rock a try and hauled water.

Evening Trip:
I decided with the light winds the Slop Slip was my best chance to get a fish.  I went to Rock.  I paddled a little ways into the RPRO.

   Shallow water to much hay, no fish.  I went back out and fished out by the maidencaine. nothing.  When you don't have any sonar and are paddling it's tough to be efficient.  A loon flew over.
Pink clouds
I began having issues with wind knots on the long panfish rod.  The Rock Dock is not in.  I fished a little bit at the GOMH after dark.  Nothing but muskrats there. Skunked

No comments: