Tuesday, March 15, 2016

I Didn't Get Skunked

20" Storm Wildeye Swim Shad 2"

Right after I got the fish
5:50-7:50PM
Conditions: Mostly Cloudy, temps around 50 degrees, light wind out of the WNW, moderate flow into Sullivan, We got a 1/2" of rain today Maybe.

It was actually a somewhat nice night out.  The rain line was to the East of us tonight.  I would have preferred more rain than we got.  I stopped at Bulldog to start.
No surprise, nothing here.
I then went to the GOMH and started on the NE side.
 There were no signs of life other than Geese and Swans flying by.  Open water is maybe 1/3 of the way to the small Island, but not very far into Channel Inn Bay.  I think the PRO is open to the Platte River Mouth now.
I thought I was going to get a skunk tonight, but I didn't as I got the toothy after sunset on lure I haven't thrown in several years, the 2" Storm Wildeye Swim Shad.  I was looking through my blog posts from April of 2010.  I threw it a lot that year and got some nice bullheads on it.  I think it fell out of favor with me due to my upper back issues, which are better now.  One last picture.
 There were multiple muskrats swimming around tonight.  It's going to get colder starting tomorrow.

No comments: