Thursday, March 24, 2016

1st Bass of the Year Today at Rock

14" Cubby w/Minnow
5:45-8:00PM
Conditions:  44 degrees, light wind out of the NE, mostly sunny, water level low

I decided to hit Rock Lake today and that is where I stayed the whole time.  The dock isn't in yet.  My first bite on a Cubby and minnow was this pike.
24" Cubby w/minnow
Next bite was the 14" bass.  Always good to get the first one of the year.  After a pretty good lull I got a chubby 16.5 incher.
16.5 Cubby w/minnow
Then I got a little smaller pike that I was kind of lucky to catch because the line broke as I was pulling it up on shore.

22" Cubby w/minnow 
I missed a couple of bites and had one last small pike that broke my line as I was pulling it up on shore. It flipped back in the water and was gone in an instant.  I didn't check the GOMH tonight because nature was calling.

No comments: