Thursday, September 19, 2019

Ok Night, Lost a Few That Felt Good


2.33lbs/16.5" Pompadour (Bone)

4:50-8:25PM NPBI, Big Rice Point Rice/Pads, NPBI, SPBI, GOMH
80-70℉, Sunny, 0-3mph SE

Due to having to get the flu shot I got out on the lake later than I wanted too.  It was dead calm and warm.  I decided to skip West Point and went straight to the North Point Big Island. I got the 16-incher on the Pompadour after losing the first fish to hit it.  A fish hit something out on the flat to the South so I went to investigate.  Had a pike strike at me. I went back to the point and caught a couple of dinks on the chrome Shower Blows.  Then I headed to Big Rice.  Sure enough, fish were in the area I thought they might be in the pads and sparce rice.  Unfortunately, a bunch of them were pike and the bass were just 14-inchers.  At 6:45 I headed to NPBI.  I got one 4-incher there on the Jackhammer.  I lost a good feeling fish on both the Grassmaster Jig and Craw Tube.  I then headed to SPBI where I jumped off two good ones on the Pompadour.  I also dropped a fish on the Shower Blows.  I caught a couple of dinks on the Shower Blows.  I went to SPSI and got nothing.   I then went to the GOMH hoping I might get some gold.  I got a 3lb jumper instead.  No glowing eyes in the tube.


No comments: