Sunday, September 22, 2019

Morning & Evening On Platte

2.79lbs/17" Craw Tube (Junebug)

6:50-11:00AM: NPBI, NPSI, Chuck's Point, SNW Dock, NW Juice, NPBI, West Point
55-63℉, Sunny to Cloudy, 3-8mph West
Water Level High and Rising

A lot of shooting this morning as I was getting loaded up and once I got out. North Point Big Island was my first stop.  I got a 16 and 13 there along with a 20-inch pike on the Jackhammer.  From there I went to B.I. South Point and didn't get anything there.  I then went to NPSI and got a pike there on the Jackhammer.  I got some pike on the Jackhammer at the SPSI (I went up the East side of the Island a little way, not just off the point).  I then went to Chuck's Point and got some hits in the Ish's that didn't hook up.  I broke off a craw tube on a fish in the trash and reeds.  I got a couple of bass (17, 14.25) along the reed/pad edge and a couple of pike.  I made my way toward the NW Bay getting a couple of dinks off the SNW Dock on a Senko Knock Off.  I got a 15-incher there on the reed edge and also lost a fish on the reed edge. From there I headed to the NW Juice.  There was a duck hunter sitting in Todd's Pond.  Got a couple of pike there and a 13-incher on the War Eagle Buzz Toad and missed a couple of bites as well.  I missed bites as I came in at NPBI and West Point.  Made it home with about 15-minutes to spare before kick-off.

Vikes manhandled to Raiders 34 -14

9 Bass
11 Pike   
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:30-8:00PM Starting Spot to Double Cane Point
60℉, Mostly Cloudy, 0-4 WSW

I should have gotten out earlier, but what am I gonna do the Twins were on and won the game 12-8 vs KC.  I headed out to the starting spot.  There was a buzzbait ripple on the water and that was what I was throwing.  Got a bunch of pike and 2 bass on the War Eagle Buzz Toad and missed some hits as well. Also got 1 pike on the Jackhammer.  Had a couple pike swipe at me in the reeds on the Ish's and missed one quality knock on the Ish's.  I got sucked into that beautiful looking stuff yet again.  It's just sad it isn't holding fish this year.  I stopped at the NPBI on the way in.  It was calm and totally peaceful so I just floated for a while before finally heading in.

9 Pike
2 Bass

No comments: