Sunday, September 01, 2019

Slow Night On the Water

14.5" Ish's (Ballin'/Brown)
6:20-8:30PM N Flat Across, F Flat, Access Across Pt.
68-66℉, Mostly Cloudy, 0-3mph SW
68-65℉

I forgot to put the red tackle bag in the car before I left, doh! I started at the split in the Reeds Across and got a pike on the first cast on the Whopper Plopper.  That was the only fish I landed from there to F Flat.  I did have several strikes that didn't hook up. And I had a pretty good size pike 23/24 jump about 3 feet in the air and miss the Stanley Phantom.  I was just dumbfounded that the fish were so shut down.

I then headed for the reeds across from the Platte Public Access. I got a couple of 14" bass there and a few pike swirls.  As I was heading out I had a few pike swirls on the War Eagle buzzbait. Disappointing trip.  When are the fish going to turn on for fall?

No comments: