Saturday, September 21, 2019

Ok Evening On Platte


26" Jackhammer

16" Ish's Phat Frog

6:00-8:00PM West Point, Channel Inn Bay, SPSI, SPBI, NPBI
70-74℉, Mostly Sunny, 3-8mph SW
Water Level High and rising got an inch plus today

I didn't get a hit at West Point, disappointing. I then went to Channel Inn Bay.  Before I got to the first boat channel I had the pike not hook up on the full-size Shower Blows Knock Off.  I got it a few casts later on the Jackhammer.   I then had something hit the Ish's at the first boat channel but not get it.  I cast in with the Craw Tube and the line broke on the hookset, 90% it was a pike.  A fish then it something back in the formerly thick rice.  I got the 16-incher in the same general area. I had another fish swirl on the frog.  Wasn't able to get it with a follow-up.  Inbetween boat lanes I had a bass give up its position nailing me just after the frog hit. For some reason tonight I altered the way I handled my end of cast with a frog to how I fish with a trebled topwater.  Doing it that way leaves me susceptible to poor hooksets if a fish hits right after the lure lands.  I need to break myself of this poor new habit I've developed.  I did get the bass on the All-Terrain Grassmaster that Cyberfish left in the boat.  I got one more 14-inch bass in the rice.  At about 7:20 I headed for SPSI.  Nothing there so went to SPBI. Got my last bass of the night there, a 13.75" on the Jackhammer.  I ended on NPBI.  It was really pleasant out and no skeeters to speak of.  Tremendous lighting show to the East as I headed in.

4 Bass
1 Pike 

No comments: