Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Tough Morning Missing Fish/3rd Move Was the Charm

16.5" Bobby's Perfect



Pike  cut the craw tube in half

Dang bass stole Ballin's legs

14.75" Ish's Phat
6:30AM-12:00PM NPBI, Chuck's Point, Melon Patch, Access Flat/Rice/Pads
63-48℉, Mostly Sunny, 0-4mph WNW
WT: 67-65℉

I went to North Point Big Island first.  Nothing on topwater but did get a 13.5-incher on the PB&J Jackhammer.  With the way the wind was blowing I elected to go to Chuck's Point.  Just as I was about to put the frog down I got the 14.75".  I then lost a fish on the craw tube, got a 13.5" on it, had the craw tube get bit in half, and had the Texas Rig get bit off up by shore.  That red tree was really something.  I worked across the flat where there was baitfish activity and to the rice/reeds/pads in Green Cabin. Didn't get a bite.  I went to the Melon Patch next.  I missed some good hits by bass and got the 16.5" there on Bobby's Perfect.  The Ish's legs got bit off by a good bass on the 2nd pass on the fish, just bad luck.  The fish were relating to thicker clumps of rice or rice/pads a million of which I had to cast to get a bite. Eventually, I went South on my way to the Access West shoreline docks.  At the rice/pad point, I dropped two good strikes and caught a 16-incher.  There was nothing on the docks.  I moved East of the access and didn't get a bit there either.  I briefly tried East Mid Pt. of the Big Island.  Tough morning.

5 Bass
3 Pike 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.24lbs/17.75" Bobby's Perfect (Sparrow)

6:00-8:30PM East of GOMH, Cane Access Across, Starting Spot Outside Rice
64-68℉, Mostly Sunny, 2-6mph SSW
WT: 70-68℉

Worked outside and inside East of GOMH to the pad point and didn't get a single bite.  I then headed to the cane across from the access.  Occasionally I would spook something as I worked my way through the slop.  I finally got a dink and a pike up by the cattails.  The sun was fading fast so I headed to the starting spot and immediately got three pike missed a fish then got the 17-incher.  I got one more pike.

2 Bass
5 Pike

Lost fish cost me 2+ pounds at least.

No comments: