Saturday, September 14, 2019

Possibly The Last Hurrah With Todd for 2019

Todd's Toad 18.25" Pure Poison/Grass Pig Jr.
 
Double to start the Morning

22" Craw Tube (Junebug)

17.33" Blitz Frog

Got the Dock and Pontoon Pulled In
7:00-11:30AM NPBI, SPSI, GOMH, West Access Flat, 6lb Flat, Big Rice Point, Chuck's to NW Juice, NPBI, West Point
68-48℉, Mostly Cloudy, 0-5mph SE
WT: 58-60℉

Todd came up to take stuff out of the lake while it's still warm out.  Now that the water is too cold for swimming the girls really aren't into cabin life anymore.  I wish I would have gotten up to the lake place 15 to 20 minutes earlier than I did. We beat the sunrise, but just barely.  We went straight to North Point Big Island.  I had a 16-incher hook up on my Shower Blows and a couple seconds later Todd had 14.33-incher hit. A double is a great way to start the morning. I think Todd lost a fish and I got one more.  Then we were off to South Point Small Island.  I think we got a couple small fish there on topwater. Then I took us to the GOMH.  Todd got a jumpin' bullhead on the SW and SE sides inside the tube.  I got the golden pretty much right down the middle.  It was a scrawny thing.

Next, we headed to rice on West Access Flat.  I think Todd missed a hit in the dying rice.  I got two fish on the Flat on a Shower Blows.   Something got blown up over towards 6lb Flat so we cruised there.  Todd got a couple small pike and small bass there.  We also missed a couple of blow-ups.  I got my big fish of the morning on what is left of Big Rice Point.  We then headed to Chuck's Point and worked all the way to the NW Juice.  We missed several bites and picked up some pike.  We stopped at NPBI on the way back in and bass were hanging out there.  Todd really cashed in with the Pure Poison getting the 18 and 17.  I think we also hit West Point on the way back in.  I may have gotten one small bass.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.07lbs/19" SBKO (Orange)

17" Pure Poison/Grass Pig Jr.

South Point Big Island
5:00-8:00PM  N Across Flat, F Flat, NPBI, CPBI, SPBI, SPSI63-68℉, Mostly Cloudy, 0-8mph SE

We started off in the reeds across the way and it was dead, so when we got to the cut I motored out to the N Flat/Reed Edge. Todd got the first bite there. A small pike on the Sprinker.  We then drifted down the flat not getting anything until we arrived at F Flat where the Pike were active in the wind. We were throwing chatterjigs.  I did get one 15.5-inch bass on the Jackhammer and Todd got a dink on the Poison.  I then took us to NPBI. I got several nice bass and Todd got the 17-incher.  I then stopped at the Center Point Big Island.  I got one small bass there.  Off to SPBI.  I drifted us down toward the Island from off the tip.  Todd got a pike and I got a couple decent bass.  We both lost a couple of bites.  Then we were off to SPSI and I got the big fish of the day with the 4lber on the orange Shower Blows Knock Off.  I got one last quality fish up by the reeds.  Todd missed a bite on the Sprinker out over the flat.  It was totally calm at the South Point which surprised both of us.
19.42lbs Not a bad day at all

No comments: